Three Proven Chiropractic Techniques to Eliminate Pain
At the Rosenberg Wellness Center, we have become well-known experts in the three chiropractic techniques proven most effective at eliminating pain and facilitating healing. As one of the only chiropractors in the New York area certified to perform all three of these techniques, Dr.Rosenberg not only can provide the best customized care for your individual injury or pain, but also seamlessly integrate techniques for faster healing, more comprehensive recovery, and overall improved wellness.
Our office focuses on using Cox Technique protocols, Active Release Technique, and Graston Technique for the best outcomes for our patients.
Graston Technique is a therapeutic method that can treat precise problem areas caused by scar tissue and overuse in muscles, tendons, ligaments, and connective tissue, as well as acute injuries sustained anywhere on the body. Just like a scar on the surface of the skin can make the skin less supple, scar tissue in the body limits range of motion and causes pain, preventing patients from functioning to their full potential.
To remove scar tissue, Graston Technique practitioners use six simple tools that aid in pinpointing the exact location and extent of scar tissue and injury, so that blood flow returns to the area to heal it. Scar tissue and toxins are actually disintegrated and absorbed safely into the body, so that you can get back to a full, active lifestyle.
- Decreases overall time of treatment by getting to the root cause right away,
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent,
- Minimizes the need for anti-inflammatory medicines by removing the scar
- tissue causing the surrounding inflamed tissue, and
- Ensures better long-term outcomes for patients to avoid painful relapse.
Cox Technique protocols consist of two distinct treatment techniques: Flexion-Distraction and Decompression Adjusting Manipulation. These protocols employ the manual manipulation in addition to gentle tractioning using the clinically-developed Cox Table to painlessly manipulate the spine in order to decrease pressure and release pinched nerves and blood vessels. As most back pain is caused in part by pressure on spinal nerves and discs, Cox Technique manipulations quickly resolve the core problems that are causing you pain.
Cox Technique protocols have been clinically proven to resolve lower back, leg, arm, and neck pain related to herniated and slipped discs, pinched spinal nerves, stenosis, sciatica, spondylolisthesis, and other spinal alignment issues. No matter how persistent your condition, Cox Technique protocols can release the pressure exacerbating the nerves and heal you without dangerous and painful surgery. Even if you have had unsuccessful spinal surgeries in the past, you can find relief after being treated with proven Cox Technique protocols specifically designed to target pain remaining after unsuccessful spinal surgery.
COX TECHNIQUE PROTOCOLS
- return motion to spinal joints so you can return to an active, healthy lifestyle,
- release painful pressure on spinal nerves and discs,
- resolve persistent back pain without drugs or surgery, and
- reinvigorate patients, so that they quickly return to work with fewer
- complications, which means patients are more productive at their jobs than before.
Active Release Technique treats conditions related to muscle overuse, fatigue and inactivity. When we work our muscles too hard, they develop knots that do not heal properly, but rather scar over and become shorter and weaker. This alters the motion of muscles and the joints they are attached to, causing poor mobility, decreased blood supply to the area, and nerve compression and pain.
Popular with almost every major league and college sports team due to its high success rate in treating muscle-related injuries, Active Release Technique can quickly eliminate pain and impaired function by restoring smooth movement of muscle and connective tissue and releasing entrapped nerves and blood vessels. Active Release Technique is commonly used to treat headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, rotator cuff injuries, shin splints, sciatica, TMJ, plantar fasciitis, tendonitis and other muscle and joint disorders.
ACTIVE RELEASE TECHNIQUE
- employs hands-on palpation that feels similar to massage, yet eliminates pain more effectively by evaluating specific muscles for scarring and adhesions and performing a customized combination of 500 specific motions to resolve muscle problems,
- identifies and resolves problems that have been overlooked by other healthcare professionals,
- restores health both to muscles and joints with chronic conditions due to years of wear and tear or problem areas receiving current treatment due to acute conditions, and
- flushes out toxins and inflammation, which assists in eliminating pain to bring you back to ultimate performance.